PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2012
In 2012, we will be electing the President of the United States, one U.S. Senator, U.S. House of Representatives members, Judges for the Circuit Court, Court of Special Appeals and Court of Appeals, and Board of Education members. In the primary elections, we will also elect delegates to the Democratic Party and Republican Party Conventions, which will be held during the Summer of 2012.
In 2014, elections for most Maryland state and Worcester County offices will be held.
2012 ELECTION DATES
- Deadline for Registering to Vote in the 2012 General Election, Oct. 16 @ 9 p.m.
- Early General Election Voting — Oct. 27, 29, 30, 31, and Nov. 1, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 28, Noon to 6 p.m.
- GENERAL ELECTION DAY — TUESDAY, NOV. 6, 2012, polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Note: Early voting in Worcester County will be held at the Gull Creek Senior Living Community, Berlin, MD.
Ocean City/Assateague Democratic Club Schedule
- Tuesday, March 6 — Forum for Democratic candidates for Congress in Maryland’s District 1, sponsored by Worcester County Democrats. Ocean Pines Library meeting room.
- Saturday, March 17 — St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Worcester County Democrats will walk and/or ride in the parade. If you’re interested in participating, call Lanny @ 410-600-0552, or email, email@example.com
- Saturday, April 14 — Kennedy-King Dinner, Atlantic Hotel, Berlin, reception @ 6 p.m. and dinner @ 7 p.m. See details above.
- Wednesday, April 18 — Luncheon with analysis of the 2012 Maryland General Assembly session by Sen. Jim Mathias and Del. Norm Conway; and preparation for the 2012 General Election. 11:30 a.m. @ Davinci’s By The Sea, 15th St. and Boardwalk.
- Saturday-Sunday, April 21-22 — Democratic Eastern Shore Summit, Easton, MD. See details above.
- Wednesday, July 11 — Annual July Picnic at Fiesta Park. 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 — Ocean City Candidates Forum, open to the public, to give all candidates for OC Mayor and Town Council an opportunity to share their views on how they will serve, if elected. The program will begin at 6 p.m., with the forum to start at 6:30 p.m. Forum venue to be announced soon.
Membership Renewals for the Ocean City/Assateague Democratic Club are under way. Dues are $10 per person. Dues may be mailed to OCADC, P.O. Box 3196, OC, MD 21843. If you wish to make an additional contribution, you may send it along with your dues. Thanks for your support! If you would like to join the Democratic Club, a membership form can be found and printed here.