As a public service, here are some convenient links to the Maryland State Board of Elections Website.
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE: Short answer, online or by mail.
ONLINE VOTER REGISTRATION: You can also update your current voter registration here.
If you wish, you may DOWNLOAD A VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATION, which includes instructions. The application form is also available in Spanish. You may mail your completed voter application form to:
Worcester County Election Board
100 Belt Street
Snow Hill MD 21863-1310
You may also mail your completed application to:
Maryland State Board of Elections, P.O. Box 6486, Annapolis, MD 21401-0486
VOTER REGISTRATION ELIGIBILITY
Howard Sribnick, a member of the OCADC, has been appointed the Worcester County coordinator for the Obama Campaign.
Howard may be contacting you by phone or email to bring you up to date on planning for the 2012 elections. The Worcester County Democratic Central Committee recommended him to the Obama campaign team for this task. He heads up the Committee for Obama of the Central Committee.
Worcester County’s three Democratic clubs and the Central Committee intend to unite the efforts of the four organizations and the Obama campaign to help get out the Democratic vote in 2012.
So, if you get a call, or someone leaves a message on your answering machine, or you get an email from a guy named Howard, please give him all of the courtesy and assistance you can.
PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2012
In 2012, we will be electing the President of the United States, one U.S. Senator, U.S. House of Representatives members, Judges for the Circuit Court, Court of Special Appeals and Court of Appeals, and Board of Education members. In the primary elections, we will also elect delegates to the Democratic Party and Republican Party Conventions, which will be held during the Summer of 2012.
In 2014, elections for most Maryland state and Worcester County offices will be held.
2012 ELECTION DATES
- Deadline for Registering to Vote in the 2012 General Election, Oct. 16 @ 9 p.m.
- Early General Election Voting — Oct. 27, 29, 30, 31, and Nov. 1, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 28, Noon to 6 p.m.
- GENERAL ELECTION DAY — TUESDAY, NOV. 6, 2012, polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Note: Early voting in Worcester County will be held at the Gull Creek Senior Living Community, Berlin, MD.
Ocean City/Assateague Democratic Club Schedule
- Tuesday, March 6 — Forum for Democratic candidates for Congress in Maryland’s District 1, sponsored by Worcester County Democrats. Ocean Pines Library meeting room.
- Saturday, March 17 — St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Worcester County Democrats will walk and/or ride in the parade. If you’re interested in participating, call Lanny @ 410-600-0552, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, April 14 — Kennedy-King Dinner, Atlantic Hotel, Berlin, reception @ 6 p.m. and dinner @ 7 p.m. See details above.
- Wednesday, April 18 — Luncheon with analysis of the 2012 Maryland General Assembly session by Sen. Jim Mathias and Del. Norm Conway; and preparation for the 2012 General Election. 11:30 a.m. @ Davinci’s By The Sea, 15th St. and Boardwalk.
- Saturday-Sunday, April 21-22 — Democratic Eastern Shore Summit, Easton, MD. See details above.
- Wednesday, July 11 — Annual July Picnic at Fiesta Park. 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 — Ocean City Candidates Forum, open to the public, to give all candidates for OC Mayor and Town Council an opportunity to share their views on how they will serve, if elected. The program will begin at 6 p.m., with the forum to start at 6:30 p.m. Forum venue to be announced soon.
Membership Renewals for the Ocean City/Assateague Democratic Club are under way. Dues are $10 per person. Dues may be mailed to OCADC, P.O. Box 3196, OC, MD 21843. If you wish to make an additional contribution, you may send it along with your dues. Thanks for your support! If you would like to join the Democratic Club, a membership form can be found and printed here.
YES, I WANT TO HELP
Simply fill in your name and email address below. The “Comments” box is optional. If you’d prefer to be contacted by phone or postal service, you can add that information in the Comments box. Thanks for your help!
Photo slide show of October breakfast, below. Photos by Ted Page.